February 13, 2013
Mark your calendars to attend the Friends of SJB 2013 Golf Scramble! This year’s event is scheduled for Friday, June 14th, at Governor’s Run in Carlyle. More details will be coming soon on this event – the biggest and best golf outing in Clinton County!
January 30, 2013
In today’s uncertain economy, almost everyone has a friend or family member who has lost a job or is trying to survive on less income. At St. Joseph’s Hospital, we follow the Franciscan tradition of helping the poor and the sick.
The hospital has established several financial assistance programs to help patients and families who are unable to pay for hospital services including:
- Uninsured Christian Care is for those uninsured individuals whose family income falls below 600% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- Uninsured Discount Program is for those uninsured individuals whose family income is in excess of 600% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- Traditional Christian Care is for those individuals whose gross income falls below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
For those patients with balances remaining after consideration of these programs, the hospital has established the following payment expectations:
- The balance of account(s) must be paid in full within 24 months of the date of service, if the balance cannot be paid in full immediately.
- The minimum monthly payment of at least 1/24th of the balance due or $25, whichever is greater, shall be expected. For accounts with a balance under $250, the minimum payment shall be $25.
With these programs, St. Joseph’s offers quality healthcare to all who need it, while striving to preserve the dignity of the individual. Please contact our Business Office at 526-5308 to determine if you qualify for one of these programs.
January 6, 2013
You can call it the winter blues or the January blahs or post-holiday depression. But no matter what you call it, this time of year can be difficult.
The end of the holidays coupled with inclement weather and previous losses can make winter a physical, mental and emotional challenge.
To help, St. Joseph’s Hospital in Breese offers Senior Renewal, an outpatient service for adults (generally) 60 years old and over who are dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety and “nerves.”
Services, available weekdays at the hospital HealthPlex, focus on restoring well-being and quality of life and helping participants return to the peak of their capabilities. (more…)
January 5, 2013
Free health screenings including A1C, diabetes finger sticks, blood pressure and foot checks, will be offered from 12 noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, at Damiansville Elementary School by St. Joseph’s Hospital in Breese.
“Diabetes, also referred to as high blood sugar, is a growing epidemic,” said Barb Voss, Certified Diabetes Educator at the Breese hospital. “To assist with early detection, the hospital will offer A1C testing quarterly in 2013 beginning with this event at Damiansville School.”
A1C screenings will also be available for a fee at the spring and fall hospital health fairs and at no charge this summer at another event. Times, dates and locations will be announced when finalized.
The time of the screening, from 12 noon to 2 p.m. on a Sunday, was selected to be more convenient for anyone attending services at St. Damian’s Catholic Church in Damiansville or other churches in the area. (more…)